The Bizzare and the Unusual

About just things I have the appetite to write about.

How to Change your Default Blogger Header

This article is one of the first articles in the series of articles regarding Blogger Tips and Tricks. There are so many tips and tricks I want to share, but let start with the basics.

If you’re new to blogging in Blogger, your given a choice of ready made templates when you setup your new blog. These templates are cool but, they have their own respective creators.

But there comes a time when you get bored of that given header and you want to make or design your own header. Here are the steps.

Pic 1. A Standard blog with a default header

The standard header section is 660 width in pixel (This can differ to different templates). So you must make a header with that width. For this tip I make it with Corel Draw. You can use other design tools too, you can even make it in MS Word. The point is after you make the header you have to convert it into a jpg format that is uploadable.

Making the Header Banner

To make your header look good an neat you can start drawing you header at any with you want, later your can reduce the pixel size to the required size of the header , in this case 660 pixel width.

Pic2. Use Corel Draw to design your header starting with a regular rectangle.

When designing your Header we have to consider the following (these are suggestions, you can follow them or not) :
  • The title of the blog is written clear
  • Put a tagline below your Title to give an idea of what’s in the blog
  • Put a picture that is associated with the blog title
  • Put the your web address.http or bla-bla for your visitors to remember your site.

After you have completed the design save it in jpg you will realize that the pixel size is above 1000 pixels (usually 1200 something), resample the size of the pixel using drawing tools. In this tip I used Corel Photopaint.

Pic 3. The design you've made in Corel Draw still in large pixel width and saved as jpg file

Then open your jpg header with Corel Photopaint or other tools and convert it to a width of 660 pixel in width. We only have to adjust width because the height will follow automatically.At Corel photopaint, from the 'menu bar' go to Image > Resample



Pic 4. Converting Header Pixel width using Corel Photopaint

Then change it to 660 pixel in width. Then again save it. Remember to make sure the format is in jpg.

The Blogger Settings

After you've completed your header design. You can then login to to your blogger and go the layout section of your blogger dashboard.

Pic 5. Layout Section of Blogger Dashboard

Then click the Edit button in the Header Section to change your header settings. It will come out as seen below.


Pic 5. Layout Section of Blogger Dashboard
Pick Image from Computer and press 'browse' and search for your header file in your file directory that is in jpg and already shrunk to 660 pixels.
And for the Placement , pick 'instead of title and description'.
You can use shrink to fit , but I prefer shrinking it by program like mentioned above. After you uploaded your header it will show like below.

Pic 6. After upload of header picture
After that save this setting and then view your blogger blog and then 'wallaa....' you get your new and improved header.


Pic 7. Your new blog with your own designed header.


That's it folks. Other blog tips and tricks will follow. Stay tuned in. Thank you if you can find this useful for you.


Tresna
visit bandung

Bagikan :
+
Previous
Next Post »
25 Komentar untuk "How to Change your Default Blogger Header"

SEO services by Offshore SEO Experts, an Indian SEO Company, ensures you better position on Google & other SERPs.
affordable seo

I've learn a few just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you put to create the sort of wonderful informative site.

Look at my blog ... treatment cure herpes

wonderful issues altogether, you simply gained a new reader.
What could you suggest in regards to your post that you simply made a few
days ago? Any sure?

Feel free to surf to my blog: semen enhancers

whoah this blog is fantastic i like reading your articles.
Stay up the great work! You understand, a lot of people are hunting round for this info,
you can aid them greatly.

My homepage ... water purification products

I blog quite often and I seriously thank you for your content.

This great article has really peaked my interest.
I will book mark your site and keep checking for new details about once a
week. I subscribed to your Feed too.

My web page; volume Pills review

Really no matter if someone doesn't understand afterward its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it happens.

Also visit my page: cheap volume pills

It's an awesome paragraph designed for all the internet visitors; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

Here is my blog: virility ex south africa

Incredible points. Solid arguments. Keep up the great effort.


Feel free to visit my web page - buy alteril

This paragraph will help the internet viewers for setting up new website or even a weblog from
start to end.

My page; prosolution gel Review

Ive meant to post one thing like this on my personal website and you've got given me a concept. Cheers.

My weblog ... affiliate review sites effective

My family every time say that I am wasting my time
here at net, however I know I am getting experience all the time by reading such fastidious posts.


Here is my web-site: skinception

I am actually grateful to the owner of this web site who has shared this enormous piece of writing at at this place.


Also visit my web page; female fitness models

Great article.

my weblog; Dreamsharing

use fits person http://www.tom2013.net/ that rings get do michael kors handbags outlet account a 39th industrial all ray ban aviators you luggage site them excited christian louboutin you is http://www.ghd-center.co.uk/ could opposed lot a in

Howdy! This post could not be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my old room
mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward
this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read.
Many thanks for sharing!

My web-site Www.golfgabs.com

It's very straightforward to find out any topic on net as compared to books, as I found this paragraph at this site.

My web blog: Existing Customers

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?



my web-site ... http://virilityex.herbalcurenow.com

Wow, this paragraph is good, my sister is analyzing such things, therefore I am going to tell her.


Feel free to surf to my page; revitol

Hi there Dear, are you in fact visiting this web page regularly,
if so afterward you will absolutely take good experience.



Here is my web site smokedeter.herbalcurenow.com

It's wonderful that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our dialogue made at this time.

Also visit my blog post; buy zetaclear

It's awesome in favor of me to have a web site, which is good for my know-how. thanks admin

Also visit my homepage; http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/proactol-plus-review-new-studies-and-clinical-results-store-less-fat-and-lose-more-weight-238616.htm

Very shortly this site will be famous among all blog visitors,
due to it's good articles or reviews

Also visit my blog post - sexual behavior

This is certainly a really good study for myself, Must
admit you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.
Thanks for posting this enlightening article.

Here is my blog: acne scar lotion

Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity
in your post is simply great and i could assume you are an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.


my blog post: Learn Additional Here

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about top eye creams for puffy
eyes. Regards

My weblog eyelasticity reviews

Popular Posts

 
Template By Kunci Dunia
Back To Top